Saturday, December 10, 2016

Photography day out to FRIM and Bukit Lagong Part I

It's a long holiday and I've been dying to go out and shoot. So I headed out to FRIM yesterday morning. Photography is helping my quest to get fitter because I have to walk around carrying bins and camera gear.

I was all prepared to pay for entry and camera; but when I told the guard I was going to MNS Centre for birding, he let me in without having to pay anything. Hmm... so is birding the magic word? I always thought it was the MNS car sticker.

So here are a few highlights.

A brahminy kite flew in and soared for a while so I got pretty good shots. A million of these were useless, but I will learn to post-process the almost good ones. Will try to shoot in RAW and learn editing.
Soaring - edited


Auto corrected
 Initial shot of black-naped oriole. Used continuous shooting - not a great idea if subject is not moving. Photos came out dark and poorly focused.

This is edited by me. Not bad. Auto-correct often pumps colours like crazy.

Later got the crested serpent eagle near the MNS Centre.

2 comments:

  1. Cantik pulak nampak burung tu terbang.. kena kumpul duit cari dslr pulak nak tangkap camni.. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Careful... kalau dah terjebak, banyak keluar belanja. Hehehe.
      Boleh beli 2nd hand kit dulu, dah mahir baru upgrade. Jimat sket :)

      Delete